What Cornwall Thinks
- We are committed to protecting your privacy online.
- If you do not want us to collect, use and transfer your personal information in this way then you should (depending on what it is you object to) Contact Us and ask for your information to be deleted.
- For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1988 (the "Act") and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) coming into force 25 May 2018, the data controller is PFA Research Ltd., registered office at c/o Bennett Jones & Co, 22 Callywith Gate Industrial Estate, Launceston Road, Bodmin, PL31 2RQ and a postal address at Tremough Innovation Centre, Penryn, Cornwall, TR10 9TA ("we" or "us").
- PFA Research is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as a Market Research/Research Organisation, registration number Z7757529.
What We Mean by Personal Information
Personal Information that We Collect
- If you register on the WCT Cornish resident panel as a user, we ask you for certain basic and personal information in order to build up your user profile, for example your name, date of birth, address and email address.
- We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you provide via the "Registration" page when registering to use the WCT including, but not limited to, your name, date of birth, address, email address, and any updated information you provide from time to time;
- Any comments you may have about your application to register to use WCT;
- Information you provide via the "My Account" page;
- Information you provide when you complete and submit surveys and/or other research related materials or when you contact us (including when you report a problem with WCT to us).
- Additional information we may request from you from time to time either by contacting you directly or through the WCT website, application and/or social media outlets, although there will be no obligation on you to provide this additional information.
- Details of your visits to the WCT website, Web application, social media outlets including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- We may collect information from your computer and browser including your IP address and cookies information. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns. Please see Section 9 below for more information.
- We will let you know on the registration page if the provision of certain information is optional.
- If you provide us with information about another person you confirm that they have appointed you to act for them, consent to the processing of their personal data including sensitive personal data and that you have informed them of our identity and the purposes (as set out below) for which their personal data will be processed.
- By providing us with your personal information, you consent to our processing your personal data for the purposes set out below.
How We Use Your Personal Information
- We use personal information held about you in the following main ways:
- So that we can administer and support WCT;
- To provide you with access to the appropriate areas and functions of WCT Cornish resident panel (including to particular content);
- To contact you by email, in order to ask you to partake in market research exercises like, for example but not limited to, online surveys;
- To notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to the WCT website, Web application, social media outlets and/or policy statements;
- For assessment and analysis to enable us to review, develop and improve the services we offer; and/or
- For other purposes to which you have given your consent.
- We may also use information provided by you (such as what you think about the WTC and improvements that you would like to see made) or statistical information collected (other than used for identified research purposes), so that we can improve WCT.
- We do not sell, trade or rent your information to other parties unless we have first obtained your consent. If you do give us permission, we will only share information with organisations we have carefully selected and believe to be reputable. We may provide statistics about our customer sales, traffic patterns and related site information to third parties, but we will not supply any personal information that would enable you to be identified.
- Except in very specific circumstances, we do not disclose any of your information to other parties, except where you have given your consent. In this respect we may need to share your information with our service providers and agents for the above purposes. We may also disclose your information to any of our affiliate, subsidiary or holding companies and any successor body to us for the purpose of administering WCT. We use a third party service, Swoop Applications for specific tasks in maintaining WCT. Swoop Applications is contracted as a data processor and under a legally binding data agreement with PFA Research.
- Otherwise, we reserve the right to give your personal information to a third party without your consent where we believe that such disclosure is
- Required by law; or
- Necessary to assist in the prevention or detection of any criminal action (including fraud); or
- Is in the overriding public interest and is permitted by law.
- Any information you submit will be held, stored, processed and used for market research purposes by PFA Research. The information will not be disclosed to third parties without your expressed consent.
- You have the right to ask for a copy of the information which we hold on you and which is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) coming into force 25 May 2018, and to correct any inaccuracies in your information. There will be no charge for this request as long as any request is not manifestly unfounded, excessive and/or repetitive. For this purpose please contact our Data Protection Officer via email.
- We use personal information held about you in the following main ways:
How We Protect Your Personal Information
- We are strongly committed to data security and we take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, alteration or corruption. We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to seek to safeguard the information you provide to us.
- However, owing to the nature of the internet we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us. We recommend that you take every precaution to protect your personal information while you are using the knowledge WCT and the internet.
- Should you suspect that your data has been compromised, please inform our Data Protection Officer via email as soon as possible, so all necessary steps can be undertaken to minimise the impact on you and other users of WCT.
- If you have any concerns about how we collect, use or store your data please contact our Data Protection Officer via email or alternatively you can contact the regulatory body: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF or telephone 0303 123 1113 (or 01625 545745 if you would prefer not to call an ‘03’ number). Homepage: www.ico.gov.uk; The Register: www.dpr.gov.uk
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
- We will keep and use the personal information for as long as you are registered as a user of WCT, and for at least 12 months after you have unsubscribed from the panel, in order to deal with any consequent queries or complaints you may have. We may retain the personal information for longer than this if there is a legal reason or requirement to keep the information for longer, for example if it is relevant to any current legal proceedings.
- Any references to you in any current records and any statistical or anonymised information (from which you cannot be identified) may be kept for longer periods.
- You can resign from the panel at any time. Please just let us know via email, call PFA Research on 01326 375705 or write to us at PFA Research Ltd, Tremough Innovation Centre, Penryn, TR10 9TA if you wish to resign.
Updating Your Personal Information
- If you are a registered user, you can access all the information we hold about you and you can amend or update any inaccuracies in your personal information by logging on to your personal profile. If you have any other queries regarding the information we hold about you then you should contact us via email, call PFA Research on 01326 375705 or write to us at PFA Research Ltd, Tremough Innovation Centre, Penryn, TR10 9TA
IP Addresses and Cookies
- As set out in Section 3 above, we may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address (which is a unique identifier of the user's computer or other access device), operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies are small files stored in your computer's hard drive by your web browser. When you access WCT, if you have enabled cookies, our computer server will access these cookies so that it can recognise your computer. These cookies help us to improve WCT and deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the WCT offering according to your individual interests;
- To speed up your searches; and
- To recognise you when you return to WCT.
- When you first access the sites, we will give you the option to choose not to receive cookies, or to allow you to be prompted every time a cookie is sent to you. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, and you can change your cookie settings at any time. Please note that in a few cases some features WCT may not function if you remove cookies from your browser.
- If you have any queries about how we use your information you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at PFA Research, Tremough Innovation Centre, Penryn, Cornwall, TR10 9TA.